What to expect from us – your rights
- Access: You can access services to address your health care needs.
- Safety: You can expect to receive safe and high quality health services, provided with professional care, skill and competence.
- Respect: The care provided shows respect to you and your culture, beliefs, values, personality, gender, sexual orientation, appearance and identity. You can bring a support person (friend, family member) with you to cohealth.
- Communication: You can expect to receive open, timely and appropriate communication about your health care in a way you can understand, including information on services, service planning, treatment options, and costs. You can use an interpreter if required.
- Participation: You may join in making decisions and choices about your care and about health service planning.
What we expect from you – your responsibilities
- Respect: It is important that you show respect for all people and property at our service regardless of social status, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, religion, political belief, mental illness or any access requirements.
- Communication: Giving us accurate and correct information so we can help you and telling us if you cannot make an appointment (at least 24 hour notice)
- Privacy: We ask that you respect the privacy of other people, including information discussed in group programs.
- Safety: We expect you to act in a way that will mean you and other people are safe when visiting us or when you are with our staff.
You are welcome to
Use an interpreter
For free access to an interpreter you can phone 131 450 and ask them to call us on:
Collingwood, Fitzroy, Melbourne CBD – 9448 5528
Kensington, North Melbourne, Niddrie – 9448 5520
Footscray, Braybrook, Werribee, Melton – 9448 5502
For enquiries about mental health services, call – 9448 6314
Use an advocate
You can choose to have a family member or friend come with you when you attend a cohealth service. Other formal advocate services can help support you or if you wish, speak to us on your behalf.
1300 582 113
1800 246 054
1800 677 342
1300 292 153