The Family and Reproductive Rights Education Program (FARREP) is a Victorian government initiative launched in…
cohealth’s four year Integrated Health Promotion Plan (2013 – 2017)
cohealth’s four year Integrated Health Promotion Plan (2013- 2017) prioritises:
- mental health – increase social inclusion and acceptance of diversity, building resilient and connected communities
- violence against women – influence policy and designing actions focused on change
- sexual and reproductive health – identify gaps in health education and work to deliver safer sexual lives for all
- improving health literacy in our communities – underpinning all our work
Key settings for actions with our community include population, work place, school, early year’s education and community.
Regional Shared Plans
cohealth is a key partner in a number of regional shared Integrated Health Promotion plans including:
- promoting Mental Health: Place Based Project in Brimbank (Our 3021) – HealthWest
- promoting Mental Health: Preventing Violence Together – Women’s Health West
- Inner North West Collaborative Evaluation Project (INCEPT)- Inner North West Primary Care Partnership
- Sexual and Reproductive Health: Action for Equity, A Sexual and Reproductive Health Plan for Melbourne West 2013-17 – Women’s Health West
Social Determinants of Health
‘the conditions in which people are born, grow, work, live, and age, and the wider set of forces and systems shaping the conditions of daily life. These forces and systems include economic policies and systems, development agendas, social norms, social policies and political systems.’ – World Health Organisation describes the Social Determinants of Health.
cohealth considered these social determinants in the development of our Integrated Health Promotion plan as they impact on the health and wellbeing of the communities we work within.
In relation to fertility, contraception, abortion, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), Pap screening, Human Papilloma Virus…
Wellness Dreaming focuses on what’s strong, not what’s wrong with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander…
The effect of mental illness can be hard on individuals, families and the community as…
The short and long term impact on the health of women experiencing domestic violence can…
Health literacy is about being able to understand information about health, and how you can…