providing women with a holistic service to support them to make informed decisions about their…
In relation to fertility, contraception, abortion, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), Pap screening, Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccination, female genital cutting (FGC) and sexual assault – cohealth maintains the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) stance that the sexual rights of all person’s must be respected.
cohealth will work to reduce poor sexual reproductive health, increase education and awareness and improve overall health in our communities.
cohealth programs promoting sexual reproductive health include:
- working with Action for Equity partners to identify gaps in sexual and reproductive health promotion, responding with a variety of projects and sharing knowledge amongst the partner organisations
- working with councils and Centres Against Sexual Assault to deliver the successful Living Safer Sexual Lives: Respectful Relationships Programme involving people with intellectual disabilities as participants and as co-facilitators
- working with specialist schools across north west Melbourne to implement a whole school approach to sexuality and respectful relationships education
- working with refugee health clinic nurses, GPs, midwives, social workers and allied health professionals to help with secondary consultations and referral support to provide education and information about female genital cutting (FGC) and family and reproductive rights to men, women and families, especially targeting newly arrived migrants. cohealth has produced a training video for health professionals about FGC. Expanding our community work to western parts of metropolitan Melbourne where there are greater numbers of people from countries that practice FGC.
- The Sexual & Reproductive Health Hub, with a dedicated and experienced Sexual and Reproductive Health Nurse Co-ordinator to assist in managing all matters related to women’s sexual and reproductive health. Providing information, support an medical care in a confidential and safe space for issues relating to: unplanned pregnancy, STI screening and education, contraception choices, cervical screening and fertility knowledge and awareness. Our clinic focuses on the more vulnerable and under-screened groups in the community, such as refugees and young people.
Anyone interested in finding more information about your own sexual and reproductive health, can visit: