Maintain the life you live and love
For people aged 65 and over, or 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Services to help you live safely and comfortably in the community are now provided by the Commonwealth Home Care Support Program.
Anyone over 65 or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people over 50 can access cohealth services as well as other providers through My Aged Care – a one stop shop for aged care services and information in Australia.
How do I access these services
Make cohealth your care partner
cohealth services can help you maintain your life at home. We can provide better care when we can work with you to coordinate a range of services to support your recovery and wellness.
We tailor and coordinate a Care Plan with you. It is designed to meet the needs identified through your My Aged Care assessment. Your Care Plan will include a range of cohealth services (listed below) or other services in the community:
- Physiotherapy (maintain your mobility)
- Dietetics (shopping, preparing and eating healthy foods)
- Occupational Therapy (to help you live safely at home)
- Podiatry (happy and healthy feet)
- Access and support (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Chinese communities)
- Social support (Essendon Adult Day Centre)
- Assistance with Care and Housing for the Aged (to get into secure accommodation)
- Health services for people with insecure housing
- Flexible Service System Responses (various programs/services)
- And other wrap-around support and care services through our referral networks…
Remember to ask for cohealth services when you contact My Aged Care. We are here when you are ready to start planning your care.
Under 65, or under 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Contact cohealth directly
Anyone under 65, or under 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can refer directly through our Appointments and Information team by phoning 9448 5521 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referring-in from other services/practitioners
From 1st October, 2017 cohealth will be unable to accept direct referrals to the following services for people aged 65 and over (or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples aged 50+):
- Occupational Therapy
- Exercise Physiology
All referrals will need to be made via My Aged Care – you can ask for cohealth services when you refer.