Maintain the life you live and love
Getting older or having a disability doesn’t have to mean you (or your carer) can’t direct and design the care you need to help you live safely and comfortably in your home and the community. The services provided by cohealth through the Commonwealth Home Care Support Program can help you do this.
My Aged Care
From July 2016, the Home and Community Care Program will be replaced by the Commonwealth Home Support Program. Anyone over 65 or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people over 50 can access cohealth services as well as other providers through My Aged Care – a one stop shop for aged care services and information in Australia.
Be sure to ask for cohealth services when you contact My Aged Care. We are here when you are ready to start planning the care and support you need and want.
Make cohealth your care partner
cohealth services can help you maintain your life at home. We can provide better care when we can work with you to coordinate a range of services to support your recovery and wellness.
We tailor and coordinate a Care Plan with you – designed to meet the needs identified through your My Aged Care assessment. Your Care Plan will include a range of cohealth services (listed below) or other services in the community:
- Physiotherapy (maintain your mobility)
- Dietetics (shopping, preparing and eating healthy foods)
- Occupational Therapy (to help you live safely at home)
- Podiatry (happy and healthy feet)
- Access and support (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Chinese communities)
- Social support (Essendon Adult Day Centre)
- Assistance with Care and Housing for the Aged (to get into secure accommodation)
- Health services for people with insecure housing
- Flexible Service System Responses (various programs/services)
- And other wrap-around support and care services through our referral networks…
Remember to ask for cohealth services when you contact My Aged Care. We are here when you are ready to start planning your care.
Aged 65 and over, or 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Go directly to the My Aged Care website or call 1800 200 422 and ask for cohealth services
Under 65, or under 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Contact cohealth directly
Referring-in from other services/practitioners
cohealth‘s intake process has changed how we receive referrals for older Commonwealth Home Support Program eligible clients from healthcare practitioners. We are able to receive referrals to allied health services through two pathways:
1. The existing direct-to-service referral process. If you are a health professional – GP, Nurse, Hospital care provider (e.g. Discharge or Post Acute Care) you can refer directly to cohealth through our Service Access team by
- phoning 8378 3515
- Fax on : 9374 2866
- Use Connecting Care for e-referrals or
- email email@example.com
2. Go to the My Aged Care portal. Request cohealth services by filling the online MyAgedCare referral form, asking specifically for cohealth services in the free text boxes.