Bushfire season is a stressful time for many people. With the scale and intensity of the bushfire disaster this season, and the devastation it has caused, it is normal to feel stressed or worried. This is particularly true for people who have been affected by bushfires in the past, or have family or friends that have been directly affected.
While it is normal to feel stress or worry, if the feelings become difficult to manage or make you feel generally unwell, support is available.
- a cohealth counsellor or psychologist, or one you are already seeing
- Parentline, Phone: 13 22 89
- Kids Helpline, Phone: 1800 55 1800
- Lifeline: Phone 13 11 14
- NURSE-ON-CALL Phone: 1300 60 60 24 for expert health information and advice (24 hours, 7 days)
- Australian Psychological Society Referral Service, Phone: 1800 333 497