Nurses at cohealth empower people to be in charge of their own health
Nurses can help you with health assessments, health information, referrals to services and support to match your needs. Most nursing services at cohealth are bulk billed. Nursing services are based in cohealth clinics, however some nursing service can also visit you if needed. cohealth has different types of nurses that can help you with different things. For example, a general nurse can help you with caring for a wound. A women’s health nurse can help you with maternal and child health including immunisations.
Nurses at cohealth can help with different things including:
- chronic disease management (such as asthma or diabetes)
- wound care (caring for a wound so it heals properly)
- immunisations (childhood immunisations or for refugees)
- care coordination (connecting you to other services you may need)
- care plan assessments
- health promotion and illness prevention
Nurses work together with doctors. Doctors are able to diagnose an illness and nurses organise and provide care. Nurses don’t prescribe medication.